If you are sure that a true emergency situation exists, do not hesitate to call Licking County Emergency. If you are unsure about the severity of the situation and you want Campus Security to make the decision as to the appropriate response, call Denison University Fire/Emergency.
- Licking County Emergency — 911
- Denison Fire/Emergency — 6777
- Denison Campus Security — 6482
When dialing 911:
- Stay on the line with the dispatcher.
- Provide the address of the building involved and your exact location. This is especially critical if you are calling from a cell phone.
- Provide a thorough description of the incident to ensure that proper resources are dispatched.
- Do not hang up until the dispatcher tells you to do so.
24-Hour emergency phones are located throughout the campus. When you pick up the receiver of these emergency phones, the operator immediately knows that assistance is will be needed and the exact location of the phone. Please speak distinctly and clearly describe the emergency situation.
Other Emergency Numbers
- Emergency First Aid — 6777
- Hazardous Materials Response — 911
- Campus Patrol — 6482
- Poison Control Center — 6777 or 1-800-686-7625
- Granville Police — 587-1234
- Whisler Hall Health Center — 6200
- Counseling Center — 6647
- Rape Counseling — 6366
- Safewalk — 6623
- Sexual Harassment Information — 6366
- Chemical Hygiene Office — 6650
- Trouble Calls – Physical Plant — 6264
- Visitor Directions — 9188 or 740-587-0810
Building or department specific information may differ from the details offered in this guide. Please refer to emergency information posted in each building for accurate details.
In the event of an emergency or closing of the university, information can be obtained by calling 740-587-5700.